BootsnAll Travel Network



We Have Arrived

Well let me start with the plane ride over.  Normally I can sleep like a baby on a plane; however we were not so lucky this trip.  We had two young ladies sitting in front of us who thought that plane rides were just another place to party.  They seemed to have a great time.  But none of the passengers around them seemed to hold the same enthusiasm they did for the ride.  After they were told off by the guy in front of them and the stewardess several times. They finally seemed to pass out for a while and let others sleep. This was great but only getting 2 hours of sleep on the plane made it pretty hard to stay up once we got here.  Unfortunately Jared didn’t get any sleep at all! L

 So now let’s talk about the taxi over. For all of you that have been to Bangkok you will know just what I am talking about here.  We go to the desk for metered taxi.  Get in a cab that they provide and then the taxi driver does not want to turn on the meter. He tells us, I have done this trip many times and it cost 500 baht. So why don’t you just say 500 baht and I don’t have to turn on the meter.  After some argument he finally turned the meter on.  I bet you will never guess how much it came to when we made it to our destination.  240 baht. WOW!  Really this man has done this trip many times and he does not know how much it will cost.  Well we were kind of nice and gave him 300 for almost killing us 10 times on the way over.   This man used medians, tried to run over motor bikes, did not seem to understand when the guy In front of him was at a dead stop he was suppose to stop too.  No that is not the way it worked in his world. He thought that if he just flashed his lights tons of times the man would move. So this is where people in Doha learned to drive. 

Well we are now safe and sound in our hotel room and we are all booked for our train and ferry to Koh Tao on the 3rd.  I can’t wait to get there!

Hello all this is Jared and here is my 2 cents!  Okay flying is stupid; I really wish I got a prescription of Valium before flying!!  OMG sitting in the back of the plane when you don’t like flying is awful.  Needless to say I was happy when we finally made it.  Okay now a word of advice, yes it might be romantic to just wing it when you travel and think okay I will just look for a room after we get there! It is not romantic, wow after a long flight and almost dying in a taxi, the last thing I wanted to do was look for a hotel in a place like Bangkok.   So we paid more than we would of if we would have booked online.  So screw the new sense of freedom you have by taking a this trip and at least get a room for the first night.  You can then get your bearings!  Okay granted it wasn’t like Maryanne and I had a hard time, it just would have been nice after a long sleepless flight. 

We are both so thrilled to be here together, no job, no worries, just all smiles!!!   

PS naps in the middle of the day ROCK!



Tags: ,

8 responses to “We Have Arrived”

  1. Yvonne says:

    You guys are hilarious! I’m glad you made it safely and hopefully your trip to Koh Tao will be more restful! Enjoy the rest of your time in Bangkok and I look forward to your next posting!!!

  2. Felix says:

    Glad to hear that you guys have arrived safely. I would have partied with those girls on the plane, and who knows maybe they had a hotel lined up…LOL

    Take care guys and be safe out there…I cannot wait to read more 🙂

  3. Jenn says:

    Hello, fellow bootie here.. METER PLEASE! Bangkok is crazy! I totally agree with you, have a room the first night, especially if you are coming from a long flight, it’s so exhausting looking for one. And Bangkok is MISERABLY hot.

    Enjoy your journey!!

  4. Jenna says:

    whoo u made it safe and sound (well done jerad!)

    although i have just recieved the lovely news that i am flying back from dubai on friday 13th…jade’s going to sort me out though 😉

    enjoy koh tao and the diving…lucky ducks!

    xxx

  5. Maryanne says:

    Ah you will be fine especially if Jade is taking care of you! I wish I would have taken some help from Jade. I can’t wait for Koh Tao!!

  6. Lamar says:

    Hey guys glad you made it, the house is kinda quiet without ya I keep expecting to pull up and see you guys outside smoking, stay safe and have lots of fun, remember my special pictures Jared 🙂 oh yeah if you run into any cuties out there give them my Doha number lol..

  7. Jeremy says:

    Hey Guys! Man it sure sucks here with out you…but hey, your living the dream right?! Anyway, glad you made it there and had such an eventful trip in the taxi….(bringing Doha with you it seems.) Funda and I will will diffently come out to where you guys are and spend a week or two once you guys get on your path. Look forward to seeing you guys again…keep us updated on the pretty woman Jared….oh wait, I prmised….clean happy thoughts…clean happy thoughts! Have a good one man.

  8. Gabby says:

    This is SO funny… Jared, you are hilarious!!! I had to take a Valium to go to the dentist b/c I get so scared, and I LOVE THOSE THINGS… I had worked out the day before and my legs were hurting. Well, after the Valium they were still hurting, but I remember thinking… who cares?! Hehe. Maybe I’ll mail you some for your next flight. =) Love and miss you guys… Have fun.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *