BootsnAll Travel Network



Open Water Certified

Well we did it. We went and got certified. We are on our way. We had 4 amazing dives and now we are starting our advance course. We even got video taped on our last dive so for you guys at home you can watch us messing about underwater. (Jared’s notes – I scored a 98 on the written part cause I studied a lot, Maryanne didn’t study at all and got a 92. I guess it helps to have 200 dives already!)

Why you should not fight over a couple dollars! Today we went to the north part of the island, to get there it cost us 200 baht. Once we were done sightseeing that area we went looking for a taxi to another bay. We found one and asked the all important question ‘How Much?” Which we received a response of “200 baht”. Well Jared thought this was crazy since we payed 200 baht to get from our place to there and we were only asking to go half way back. So we said no and we walked. The walk took us about 1 1/2, but would have been less then 5 mins by car. We showed him!!! Or did we???? Well it was good exercise Jared said!

Well we did make it safe and sound and we burned off all the food we ate so it was really not all that bad. Plus we found some nice spots to stop and mess around for a bit. So we did actually have fun. We even played mini golf, boy was the course tough!  Thankfully we had beer before and after the game!  Man is it nice to drink during the day!  I think we may look into renting a motorbike for a month!!

Below are some pictures of one of our dives.
Jared Underwater

Maryanne Underwater

Our Classmates
Team Chile “Felipe and Cecilia”

Ilan



Tags:

5 responses to “Open Water Certified”

  1. Gabby says:

    I LOVE drinking during the day!!! =)

  2. Kara says:

    That is so AWESOME! Yeah, you showed the taxi driver! They think they can pull a fast one on the tourists…hahahah!

    Love you guys!

    p.s. Fritz and Sophie say THANK YOU for the Wii…they play it when J and I are at work…

  3. Amy says:

    Congratulations on getting certified! I just read through all your blog posts. (Sorry, work has been a bit crazy with a couple new cases!) Sounds like you are having a great adventure. I’m so glad you made it back to the States before you took off. I had a blast in Tampa. I still laugh when I look at those photos from the poker night. (I try not to think about the next morning, however). It is awesome that you guys are doing this trip and I can’t wait to read more posts and see more pictures. Stay safe, take care of each other, and have fun!! Love ya!! Amy

  4. Maryanne says:

    Thank you!! Sorry you have been so busy, but I know what that is like. Sorta! We are doing lots of classes and dives right now, I think I need a holiday from diving. 🙂 It was great seeing you too, sure do miss ya and wish you were here! We will get some more pictures soon. I think we are going to take a day or two off before starting our Dive Master Course though! Love ya too!

  5. marie says:

    ilan (CUTE)! 😀

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *