BootsnAll Travel Network



Reykjavik, Iceland – Part 2 (Post #9)

In the past 3 days we have done a variety of things in Iceland. We spent a couple of days wandering around downtown and getting in a fair amount of walking after we took the bus the first day and realized we could walk to the downtown area. We ate a lot of interesting food and for dinner one night we went to an “All U Can Eat” Fish Buffet – fish is a big thing here and there is no shortage of it.

Today we went to the Laugardalur pool, which is next door to our hut. This is the largest natural water geothermal pool in Iceland. After that we went on a 6 hour tour of geological features in the country side surrounding Reykjavik. The tour is called the Golden Circle tour and included some famous Icelandic sites. A couple of photos appear below but you can see more on our webshots site (link is below after the two photos).

Picture of us in front of the famous waterfall, Gullfoss
Mike and Michele and Gullfoss


Picture of steaming natural hot spring
Steaming Geysir

Our Iceland slideshow thus far can be found by clicking
(here).

Our photo albums for our entire trip can be found here on our webshots site by clicking
(here).

Tomorrow we fly to northern Iceland where it really is daylight 24 hours a day and where we will be seeing even more natural beauty.

Gotta run!

We love blog comments but if for some reason you want to say something to us more directly, please email us — mikeandmichelertw at hotmail dot com (appropriate punctuation changes will be required of course).



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *