BootsnAll Travel Network



Itinerary (Post #8)

First, thank you to everyone who made comments, especially about the links not working. We are learning more and more all the time about posting links to various things in our blog and I think we have it figured out now. So, the links should be fixed.

Also, we just posted our gear list (see post #5) since that is a frequently asked question that we get. The other question we frequently get is “Where are you going?” Of course, we will not list here all the gory details of every city in every country – besides, WE don´t even know that yet – but we do know we will travel within the counties in our itinerary via bus, train, ferry, and plane. Anyway, for all inquiring minds, here is the answer to the burning question, “So, where will you be over the next year?”


June 6 – Reykjavik, Iceland
June 14 – Amsterdam, Netherlands
June 22 to September 18 – traveling over land to Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Turkey
Sept 19 – Malta
Sept 21 – Casablanca, Morocco
Oct 5 – Malta
Oct 7 – Athens, Greece
Oct 23 – Nairobi, Kenya (through Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Oct 24 – traveling over land to Arusha, Tanzania to safari and climb Mt. Kilimanjaro then going to Zanzibar (island off of Tanzania)
Nov 17 – Cairo, Egypt (through Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Dec 2 – Delhi, India (through Amman, Jordan)
Dec 17 – Bangkok, Thailand
Dec 20 to March 13 – traveling over land through Thailand to Myanmar (maybe), Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore
March 14 – Auckland, New Zealand (through Bali, Indonesia)
March 29 – Papeete, Tahiti
March 30 – Easter Island (owned by Chile)
April 6 – Santiago, Chile
April 8 to June 10 (?) – traveling over land through Chile to Peru, Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, to U.S. (San Francisco, Portland, Washington, D.C.)

We´ll have to write about our Iceland adventures tomorrow since it´s 11:30pm now (Iceland is 4 hours later than East coast time and 7 hours later than West coast time). However, the sun is still up which is very strange. It is only dark here for about 2.5 hours between 12:30am and 3:00am. Time for bed….we´ll write more and upload pictures tomorrow (and we promise we know how to link to and upload photos now).

Goodnight!

We love blog comments but if for some reason you want to say something to us more directly, please email us — mikeandmichelertw at hotmail dot com (appropriate punctuation changes will be required of course).



Tags:

One response to “Itinerary (Post #8)”

  1. J. Smith says:

    Michele & Mike,

    Happy travels! I look forward to welcoming you back next year. In the meantime, I’m very excited that you’ll be posting your adventures for all of us to follow. You may or may not realize it, but you are creating a fantastic journal that will inspire a lot of people to follow your lead. I know it’ll be hard, but try your best to keep us up-to-date. And, if it’s not too big an inconvenience, go ahead and pick me up all the spices and treasures that you’re great big hearts desire! ; )

    Smith

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *