BootsnAll Travel Network



Helsinki, Finland (Post #22)

This is Michele writing…We arrived in Helsinki on an overnight cruise from Stockholm on the morning of July 3rd. (See post #21.) We found our hostel pretty easily and then did our usual walking tour (this is what we do when we go to each city – set out on foot). We walked for several hours and saw some incredibly beautiful parks and even some city beaches. Here is a photo of one of the first buildings we saw on our walking tour. It is a Lutheran cathedral.

There seems to be a fair amount of art scattered all around Helsinki. For example, we spent close to an hour looking at a beautiful outdoor photography exhibit. The exhibit was of photos taken from the air (as in photos taken from a plane or helicopter). We also came upon this artful “thing” (sport coats). (See photo below.) It was just there when we turned a corner.

A big thing here is to drink and picnic in the city parks. It seems that it’s no problem just drinking beer or wine openly in any of the parks as there were so many people doing this. Another intersting site is people washing and drying rugs along the water. There are places where you can scrub your living room rug and then there are public wringers that you can put your rug in to wring out the water. Then you hang them over these wood structures to dry. There is a picture of this and other Helsinki site on our web shots site. Click
here to see more photos of Helsinki.

We love blog comments but if for some reason you want to say something to us more directly, please email us — mikeandmichelertw at hotmail dot com (appropriate punctuation changes will be required of course).



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *