BootsnAll Travel Network



Estonia (Post #23)

Hello again…this is Michele. At the last minute we decided to go to Tallinn, Estonia. We read in the Lonely Planet book that this was a “must see” day trip from Helsinki. So, on July 5th we took a “fast” ferry (moved about 30 mph) from Helsinki, Finland to Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. This city was incredible. The architecture was almost exclusively medieval which means most of the buildings were from between the years 1200 and 1600. The picture below is one of the medieval gates into the city.

Like we do most days, we spent many hours simply walking around, viewing the sites, and taking pictures. We went to a very interesting place for lunch in Tallinn. Mike had game sausage made of bear, elk, and boar with onion jam and a honey beer. I had herb and juniper cheese with bread and a strong flavored cinnamon beer. After lunch we went to the top of St. Olaf’s church and took the picture below.

There are more Estonia photos on our web shots site. Click
here to see them.

We love blog comments but if for some reason you want to say something to us more directly, please email us — mikeandmichelertw at hotmail dot com (appropriate punctuation changes will be required of course).



Tags:

2 responses to “Estonia (Post #23)”

  1. Kathy Priddy says:

    What a great idea to visit countries that are off the “beaten track”. The pictures of Estonia, as usual, are wonderful. I was amazed at the number of buildings that were in pastel colors. (Yes, I checked the additional pictures on web shots.)
    I was wondering how the people are responding to you two. Are you blending in or do they recognize you as obvious foreigners? Are they friendly towards you?

  2. Vicki Kendall says:

    Hello you two! Just wanted to say “hi”. Sue Johnston won Hardrock for the women (8th overall). Not sure you’ve been keeping up with the website. Dodds is running Badwater. Looks like you’re having an incredible time!

  3. Raul says:

    Good review.

    But you got a wrong flag on webshots, it somekind of finnish flag.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *