BootsnAll Travel Network



Cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki (Post #21)

Mike and I agreed that we would identify who was writing the blog. So…this is Michele and this blog could also be titled, The last time I saw my blue shirt. I can explain that later. Anyway…when we went to what we thought was an overnight ferry, on Saturday, July 2nd, we were very shocked to see a huge cruise ship. When we walked on board we were told we had an upgraded room. YES! We went to the duty free shop on the ship, bought our drinks there, and hung out on the deck. The cruise ship, as we later learned, is known as a booze cruz because the alcohol is inexpensive since there is no tax on it while on the ship.

The cruise turned out to be breathtakingly beautiful. There were hundreds of small islands the first 4 hours of the 15 hour cruise and the sunset was unbelievable! The first picture below shows one of those small islands and the second picture shows Mike and I in our ship room. We were really laughing when we took this photo. In fact, this is the 4th time we took that picture. Also, sadly, this was the last time I saw this blue shirt. We were very flustered in the morning when we were getting off the ship and I think I left it hanging in the closet. The announcements on the ship were not in English and we didn’t know what was being said about how long we had to get off after the ship docked at 9:30am on July 3rd. So, we rushed and rushed and yes, the blue shirt was left behind. Oh well!

You can see more of the cruise we took by clicking
here

We love blog comments but if for some reason you want to say something to us more directly, please email us — mikeandmichelertw at hotmail dot com (appropriate punctuation changes will be required of course).



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *