BootsnAll Travel Network



Unconditional Love

I think I would like to report that this afternoon, for the first time since I arrived on this island, I felt fully comfortable with everything, with my decisions in coming here. I felt almost at home you might say in Wellington. All of the anxieties, and frustrations were gone, carried away on the 30 mph winds. I relaxed.

It may have had something to do with the fact that, for the first time since I arrived on this island, when I left my last class at 4pm, I wasn’t freezing. Or it could have had to do with finally getting a chance to just hang with some guys for the first time since I got here. Or it might have had something to do with the fact that in the last twenty four hours I have met over a dozen people, including a good number of New Zealanders, including one guy who was wearing a dress (as a social psych experiment).

Whatever the reason(s), it felt good. Comfortable and relaxed would probably be the best words to describe how I felt as I found a new way home from campus, down a gravel path, around a field, between some beautiful victorian houses and finally out onto The Terrace. I always get a jump start when I discover something new. Exploring is my passion I suppose. And meeting two adorable pugs was a definite bonus. Three minutes of unconditional love, who could ask for anything more?

I like New Zealand.



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Unconditional Love”

  1. Mal-Mal says:

    YAY!

    i’m happy you’re happy. but you’re still welcome back here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *