BootsnAll Travel Network



Two days back and I’m ready to go again…

Before I continue on to finish my story, write the last of it, I would like to share what it’s been like to be home.

My flight arrived in the rain and cold around 9:30 am yesterday. I have to say, if I’m asked again where in the US I’m from, which is a tough question for someone who moved so much, the most honest answer would have to be DC. We had an interesting time trying to find the garage at National (or Reagan as the newbies call it), ending up in the wrong one. I got home around 11 or so. Man was I happy to see my dog, Daisy! I soon left to search for a job. I wanted to drive since it’s been 5 months since I’ve driven (aside for about 10 minutes in New Zealand). I immediately went to the left side of the road, but after being yelled at by mum, I managed to remember not to do that again. About the fourth place I walked into asking if they were hiring for the season said, ok fill this out and we’ll get an interview in right away. He really meant right away, as when I came back he said ok lets go sit down and strike a deal. So I have a job at Papyrus that starts Monday. All I can think about is… I need to be able to fund my next trip! I live for travel now. It is absolutely an addiction!

Today I woke up around 3pm, which is about 10am in the last time zone I spent any substantial amount of my lifen in. After dinner Mum, Kristin (my step-sister) and I went to see the new Harry Potter, which I think is definitely the best of the 4, and I wouldn’t mind seeing it again at some point. When we stepped out of the theatre, everyone was gasping. The world had turned white. Enormous wet snowflakes were coming down. Talk about timing! A magic movie and magic weather the day after I return.

Tonight I drove to Rockville to visit some friends I haven’t seen since high school. It was a strange feeling being back. I had nothing to say when the topic of conversation turned to American television and later to knitting. But Australia and rugby I could discuss.

Life goes on…



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *