BootsnAll Travel Network



Tid Bits

I had a dream about an earthquake. And another one about Zombies.

Our trip to Fiji has had some interesting rather quick developments. The other American who was supposed to be coming on the trip has dropped out due to financial reasons (damn being American and having to pay for your education!), so now a Canadian has taken her place. Our “girls week” will no longer be girls week, since, as far as I can tell, the Canadian is not a girl, and a German guy has decided to tag along. This brings the count to: 3 Germans, 1 Singaporean, 1 Canadian, and 1 American. But it will be fun!

This weekend, we are renting a car and heading up to Taranaki. Taranaki (I was reminded by the New Zealander I met in my physics lab) is where they filmed the Last Samurai. I don’t really know what to expect with that.

Several nights ago, I went to Murphy’s pub because we were supposed to be discussing our trip to Taranaki this weekend. However, two of the girls didn’t show, so it was just Camille and me. We stuck around for the quiz night to see if we could win. A man came up to our table and asked if we wanted to join him and his friend for the quiz. He said they needed some young people to answer the young people questions, as they looked to be in their fifties. The one man had very bad arthritis, poor guy. He used to be English, poor guy (just kidding), but moved to New Zealand 30ish years ago. The other one said that they had both found themselves “unexpectedly alone” about five years ago and so they decided to start living together. They go to Murphy’s every quiz night they say (which is every Tuesday), and they have an interesting take on alcoholism–pride. We managed to get 7th to last place, so we’re mediocre. And thanks to the fact that mum is a scuba diver, I got the answer to the question of what country has the second largest reef. Belize.



Tags: , , , ,

One response to “Tid Bits”

  1. Mum says:

    Hurray we scored one for the Moms of the world. We do know something once in a while. It pays to listen to you Mom, you just never know when it will come in handy!

    Love Mum

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *