BootsnAll Travel Network



Rain/Birthdays/Rugby/Pool

Yesterday was the first genuinely rainy day I can remember since I got to Wellington. It had always rained at night or just a few showers on and off throughout the day. And yesterday was also Camilla’s birthday so we celebrated with a lot of good food. My 19th is coming up on the 20th of October, keep that in mind.

On Saturday I went to the last Wellington Lions’ home game of the season with Camilla, Tess and Caroline. The stadium was pretty nice. They served wine, tea and coffee in addition to the usual, beer. The crowd was very subdued. The only time there was any noise was when the Lions scored a try, and it was a very reserved noise. The Lions scored quite a few tries and the occasional penalty kick. They won 53:12. They made about a point a minute in the first half, and the score was actually 53:nill till about the last 15 minutes. The game started to get boring because we knew the Lions had won.

It is also worth mentioning just how COLD it was. And that the pee-wee or “junior” rugby leagues got to play their games on the field while the seniors were warming up. And at half time they had a very intense tug of war match. Good fun!

It was also election day. The Labour party got one more seat than National. They won’t actually know who their Prime Minister will be for another two weeks or so.

I would also like the world to know I have finally figured out how to play pool and can occasionally hit some pretty cool shots when I get lucky.



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Rain/Birthdays/Rugby/Pool”

  1. the best uncle says:

    You don’t really think that you are going to get any birthday presents if you beg like that do you? We misses you! love Lee

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *