BootsnAll Travel Network



Computer Geeks

So my jumpdrive decided to die on me. It claims it’s been write protected, although according to the software, the drive is not write protected. It lies! Anyway, the story got interesting when I overheard a New Zealand guy talking to a girl while we were all waiting in line (queue) for a computer in the library.

“Oh don’t worry, I’m a computer geek, I’ll figure it out.”

They went off to their computer, and I went off to mine, and when I noticed that my jump drive wasn’t working again, I decided to hell with it…

“Hi, sorry to bother you, but I overheard you say you were a computer geek. Is that true?”

The guy blushed, laughed a nervous laugh, and punched his friend in the shoulder in embarrassment. “Yeah”

I explained my dilemma and he told me he’d be over in a second to help me.

He couldn’t find the problem, so my jump drive is still being an dick (as so many Kiwis seem to like to use this word).

Am I ever going to have a normal interaction with a New Zealander?

Today in our Maori class, the one about the origins of the Polynesians, we were discussing linguistics. Crazy to think New Zealand is a different dialect from American English, and each of these English dialects branch off. CRAZY!



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Computer Geeks”

  1. Mandy says:

    Apparently, the Maori language has common roots with the Taiwanese Aboriginals. I looked it up once, long, long ago.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *