BootsnAll Travel Network



Day two in Bangkok

Last night I met the coolest group of people at Suk 11, the coolest guest house in Bangkok. How fitting. This place exudes charm from every crack of it’s four stories. People have plastered their names and pictures on every reachable or unreachable parcel of space. After sharing some Awamori sake (a sayonara present) with three Japanese girls, Tanya and Kai, a couple from Germany strolled in. We chatted and drank the night away before agreeing to meet the next morning.What a great day. We started shopping near the national stadium (since I brought no clothes), then headed to Chinatown to pig out on dim sum. Then we hopped on the new Bangkok underground line to go to a highly recommended Thai massage parlour. Now I’m not much of a massage fan, and I can’t say that I enjoyed the experience, but I’m sitting in BKK airport right now waiting for my flight to Phuket…and I feel great.

I only knew Kai and Tanya for less than 24 hours, but it was sad to say goodbye to them. They became good friends in this short time, hopefully a sign of things to come.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *