BootsnAll Travel Network



The Many Goodbyes – July 23, 2006

We’ve been really slack at updating the site since we opened it so hopefully that won’t become a habit. There is an excuse though – in the past three weeks we got our house rented and had to completely pack and move out, give up our jobs, sell our car, let it go and kiss it goodbye, try to finish planning the trip, put all of our affairs in order and try to pack up everything we thought we’d need for the next year. Oh yeah-we also wanted to spend as much time as possible with family, friends and our four-legged son. But we are actually TAKING THIS TRIP!  We are still blown away that this is actually happening. We have never backpacked before and we don’t have any idea what lies ahead.  Leaving the house that we’ve known for 3 years behind was strange but it’s a freeing feeling to drop all the chores and responsibilities that came with it. It’s also pretty cool to think that we have nowhere to be on Monday morning! We spent a night with Chris’ Dad on his boat in Sanford, which was probably a good sample of the close-quarter travels to come. We’re in Jacksonville now spending a few days with Jenny’s parents and then will head to Tallahassee for a visit with Chris’ grandmother and family before we head to California. We will be leaving Morgan here in Jax Beach, which is something we can’t even talk about yet-we are fighting off the tears.

Before we get any further, we want to thank Dad, Moma & Dad and Mamaw for providing a home base and lots of support. Also, Joey, Pete, Trapps, Brian, Tanner, Jed, Mikey and Carol for helping, giving us a place to crash, donating gear or babysitting our hideous furniture. We have had many “last” lunches, dinners and toasts! Everyone has wanted to treat us for the last time with brownies & cookies (thanks Carol!), Godiva and pinot (thanks Frank & Linda!). Saying “goodbye” has been the most difficult…our family and friends are amazing and we are going to miss all of you so much-

More posts and pics to come….



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *