BootsnAll Travel Network



The Honeymoon – June 27, 2006

It started out so easy – rent the house, give up our jobs and go travel for 8 months.  After all of our planning we knew that wasn’t even the beginning, but the overall plan is still the same and it is all starting to come together.  After we drop off our son Morgan with Jenny’s parents, say our goodbyes to friends and spend some time with family, we’re pointing the Rodeo west.  Crossing the country, stopping to see the Grand Canyon and couch surfing in San Diego with friends…beginning the real adventure by driving down the Baja peninsula and then down Mexico and along the entire Central American Pacific coast for 3 months of surfing, hiking, diving and driving-and then stumbling into Costa Rica.  Back to the states to savor a “real” bed-topped off with modern conveniences, spend time with Morgan, celebrate a couple weddings and give our Thanksgiving with family.  Then off again to see the California coast, Hawaii, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand for 3 months.  The last leg of our trek is a little up in the air, but we plan to see Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Czech and hope to get to Germany, Greece, Switzerland and Holland for everything from vineyards and beaches to museums and mountains.  The focus will be on experiencing and photographing the places we’ve dreamed about, with some time mixed in for surfing, volunteering and taking in the local fare.  We’ll update you as our departure gets closer!



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *