BootsnAll Travel Network



London, Paris, Tallahassee – July 27, 2006

The voyage so far has landed us in Sanford, Jacksonville and Tallahassee – catching up with family, running last minute errands and absolutely stuffing our faces with amazing cooking – not exactly what you would call roughing it.  We just got back from a terrific Italian dinner with Mamaw and I’m wondering when the “living off of the land” is actually gonna start.  Jenny and I have joked that, with some creative Photoshop skills, we could hole up here with family for a year and just insert ourselves in pictures of far away places – no one back home would know.  No, we’re more anxious than ever to get on the road and can’t wait for what’s ahead.  We’re going to grab a few hours of sleep tonight then head west to San Antonio in our first real day of travel.  Hopefully we’ll be in Arizona by the second day.  I want to check out the Airplane Graveyard near Tucson then we’ll drive north a bit to see the Painted Desert and Grand Canyon by late Sat/early Sun.  We hope to be in San Diego by Sunday in time to celebrate Jenny’s b-day on Monday.

Jenny is excited to start putting the camera to use and I can’t wait to paddle out in the cold Pacific water!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *