BootsnAll Travel Network



Montreux, Switzerland

mon1.jpg

We stopped in Montreux for a quick stop on our way from Venice to Geneva. Highlight: Chateau de Chillon. We didn’t see it though – all I have are pictures from our hotel room overlooking the lake…

mon2.jpg

It was one of those days where nothing went right and where several days of poor sleep in Venice caught up with us. We arrived in Montreux in the late afternoon, tired, but honestly also a bit sad leaving the “tropics” of Venice for the rain of Montreux. Finding a store that sold food took an eternity (for the record, there’s one on main street next to train station). I also had to find an internet place for some work related stuff. Again, searched everywhere and got more and more frustrated. I threw one of my shit fits where I turn into the Incredible Hulk.
We eventually ended up drinking beer and having a picnic in the hotel room. Montreux just didn’t rub me the right way.

mon3.jpg

———–

We stayed at the Splendid Hotel. The room was very nice (and expensive) – but the place had a weird dead vibe. Staff a bit strange (or maybe just typically Swiss). It was like a zombie hotel, but with a nice view. I’d stay there again but would bring lots of wooden stakes for the zombies. 3 1/2 out of 5.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *