BootsnAll Travel Network



hey, who turned out the lights?

We’ve been without electricity most of the day.  Sadly, my favorite German bakery across the street has not able to bake and serve any delicious breads today, but I was still able to enjoy a pot of milk tea on the deck this morning while I waited for the electric to be restored.  Fortunately, I’ve made friends with the guy at the internet cafe and he is letting me use the one computer with a battery backup.  It’s a good day.

Yesterday was quite enjoyable.  The weather was a bit cooler after the rains on Sunday and I was able to take a taxi to Nagarkot, a popular tourist town about 20 miles outside of Kathmandu at an altitude of 2175 m (7000 feet). On a clear day, the major peaks of eastern Nepal Himalayas including Sagarmath (Mt Everest) can be seen from here. Unfortunately, my simple camera cannot capture the spectacular view …

Can you see the photo?

Nagarkot   I returned to Kathmandu for a delicious curry lunch so hot it made my lips numb and spent the remainder of the afternoon walking, browsing the shops, and getting lost in the mass of humanity.



Tags:

-49 responses to “hey, who turned out the lights?”

  1. Bill says:

    I don’t think I’d enjoy being without electricity for a day. What kind of battery back-up. I hope it was a CyberPower product. By the way, where is the picture?

    Bill

  2. Susan Joanis says:

    Nancy, your trip sounds wonderful so far. I am not sure I would be as comfortable as you having so many “non-Four Seasons” type adventures, but I admire you for it. I look forward to your blog each day.

  3. Michelle says:

    Hi Nancy – Your adventures add a bit of excitement to my life. I admire your courage and untamed spirit. Enjoy!

    Michelle

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *