BootsnAll Travel Network



Sunday in Shanghai

This is my last day in Shanghai – my last day in China (!!) – so I have been out and about, one last hurrah.

On the agenda – lunch!  Wow, I cannot believe that I have not talked about the food here yet!  Eating in Shanghai is a one-stop culinary tour – you can find anything you want to eat here.  There are a few Chinese styles that I have been able to identify – Shanghainese (seafood, pork dumplings);  Cantonese, (steaming and stir-frying, less spice); Dongbei, (rich and oily, primarily meat, vegetables, and eggplant); Hunanese, (chillis, spicy beans w/pork); Sichuan, (chillis and peppercorns, hot & sour soup); and Xinjang, (Central Asian, lamb, skewers, nan bread, and spicy salads).  Those are just the Chinese options I can think of – really, you can get ANY kind of food here.

So, you ask, where did I go? Well, I ended up at O’Malleys Irish Pub in the French Concession. And I arrived just in time to join the crowd on hand for the Rugby match (Scotland vs Ireland). Great fun!

But now it is time to write my final post from China. I cannot believe that I am going home tomorrow! It has been an EXCELLENT adventure and I am very pleased that I have been able to share some of my experiences on this blog. Thanks for all your comments and thanks for joining me on my big adventure.

Be seeing you … 南希 Nancy



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *