BootsnAll Travel Network



a special note re: the bizarre

In addition to the normal and interesting, I am in search of the bizarre. Here are my choices for the top three:

 The Goddess Tubtirm Shrine, which is dedicated entirely to the male phallus – hundreds of oversized penises of all shapes and sized. Women visit the shrine when they are trying to conceive and return to the shrine is their wish is fulfilled. Quite unusual.

 penis.jpg

 At the Forensic Museum, you can see the carefully preserved remains of a mass-murdering cannibal, glass jars containing deformed babies, and autopsy photographs. Not for the faint-of-heart. Nasty.

SiQuey.jpg

Coming in at number 3, the Corrections Museum, which offers a full arsenal of sadistic punishments used on prisoners in the past. Truly horrifying.

corrections.jpg

 



Tags:

6 responses to “a special note re: the bizarre”

  1. Deb says:

    Wow, all that in your first days! I’m so glad you made this blog so I can share the adventure as you go along. Tomorrow is Dustin’s party and it’s supposed to storm! Oh well, the weather man has been wrong before. Even if he’s right, we’ll deal with it. At least it won’t be as hot as where you are – only 90 for a high here today and 84 tomorrow. Last night we went on a paddle boat on the St. Croix – nice night for it. Just wanted to share a little of my “normal” life with you as I read about the bizarre things you are seeing. Did you take photos of the phallus’ and torture tools? I’m seeing a whole different (dark) side of you – had no idea! Stay well!

  2. Shannon says:

    Glad you made it safe and sound! I change my mind…. please bring me back a t-shirt from the Goddess Tubtirm Shrine! That’s gonna go over big on casual day! Have a ball Nanc!!

  3. Mike says:

    So in what order did you see these and how did you find out about them?”Hey, mac, know a joint around here where a lady can see some autopsy shots?”
    I’d be interested in the torture museum I hate to say.Was there a gift shop? How about the Forensics museum?A t-shirt that makes it look like an autopsy-it’s a million whatever-the- currency-is-in-Bangkok idea!
    Has anybody ever thrown a football into the Goddess Tubtrim shrine?I would imagine that’s a staple of Bangkok’s Funniest Home Videos.
    It sounds like you’re having fun and seeing a lot of cool stuff which is exactly how it should be.

  4. Andree says:

    That sounds like you are busy! I am glad to hear that you made it safely across the pond. Interesting religion they have! Not only hotter than hell, but also humid.

    Happy travels and lots of fun!

  5. Very bizzarre, but then so much of history is (and fasinating)

  6. It is interesting you should write about this as I was just considering about it the last weekend. You have portrayed my thoughts accurately. Good.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *