BootsnAll Travel Network



February 7th – I’m A Celebrity

 


View 2 mins from Celebrity property
Originally uploaded by roupiesontour

Another glorious day but I am sad we have to leave here today. During the rain we catch up listening to podcasts, usually Jonathan Ross and Chris Moyles and they were talking about “I’m A Celebrity”. After looking it up on a map we found out that the filming happens about 40kms from here so we thought in a drive into the bush would be fun.

We stopped off at the local tourist office in Tweedshire (!) to make sure we had the right town. The guy there was really great and we also found out that the area was in an extinct volcanic caldera. He showed us some thunder eggs – cool geologist things and O was impressed by the psychedelic painted VW campervan mounted in the wall. You learn so much if you just stop and talk.

Dungay is tiny and much more farmland than “bush”. We made it up to the edge of the property and saw what must have been buildings for the crew etc but it was interesting to see it for real compared to the impression you get on TV. Despite being a bit more urban than portrayed it is a beautiful area. They must have jumped out of the plane miles away though………..

As soon as you get over the border into Queensland the scenery changes and not for the better. The beaches on the Gold Coast are famous but I cannot believe the high rises, hotels and change from earlier. No wonder people from NSW do not Queenslanders coming into their region. We drive through Surfer’s Paradise quickly as it really is just a bunch of high rises. The beach does look great and goes on for miles but not enough to make us stay. We settle in Southport a bit further north and enjoy the swimming pool in the heat.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *