BootsnAll Travel Network



Japan – day 8

Saturday we had a good relaxing day. I think we were starting to get ‘toured out’ so with Steve off work we thought we’d do some simple things. Steve took us to his favorite thrift store (yes, even in Japan I am a thrift-store shopper) and it was great. We got a lot of good gifts for people and ourselves at the thrift store, then headed for a local temple (near the airport, Narita temple) that has a fantastic garden. Japanese gardens are so amazing, they are extremely lush and well cared for. They caused me to say for a moment ‘I should turn my yard into something like a Japanese garden’. Then I remembered I live in Denver where it’s very dry and have two large dogs. A Japanese style garden is not going to happen at my house but I really enjoyed them.

181sush.jpg

First we went to lunch at one of the cool conveyor-belt sushi places. As the sushi comes around, you just grab what you want. At the end of the meal they add up the plates to see how much your bill is!

182garden.jpg

The garden at Narita Temple.

183garden.jpg

The views are so peaceful here.

184temple.jpg

The temple area at Narita.

185garden.jpg

A cool fountain area with a large rock in the middle.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *