BootsnAll Travel Network



Best Dinner Partner

Last month I had the best company and dinner partner ever…my son who is a chef at The American Club…a family club for American expats living and working in Hong Kong.  Because employees and their families are not allowed to fraternize with the members, made do with some of the best restaurants in Hong Kong.  As we made our way through courses of a meal, Josh would explain what to eat when and how.  He would explain how a dish was made and why.  The best cooking lessons ever.  We treated ourselves to a Japanese fusion sushi restaurant with a young very creative chef…a friend of my son’s…who presented us with dishes I had never seen before.  A close follow-up was a Korean restaurant that featured Waygu beef that melted in your mouth.  A dining experience almost as good as the three months we spent with Josh when he was a chef in Manhattan.

The American Club has two sites…one a Country Club in an outlying area of the island, which we visited by bus, and the Town Club located at the top of a Hong Kong high-rise…which I did not get to visit on this trip…but maybe on the next one.

But all good things usually come to an end and after 12 days I left Josh to his job and his high-rise and took a short flight to my next destination…Bangkok Thailand…and to visit another son, Doug, who lives with his Thai wife on Koh Samui.  Having already visited my oldest son, Greg, in Las Vegas, I have such a terrible job…making the rounds to visit my kids! 🙂



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *