BootsnAll Travel Network



Visits

Well this weekend my mate Rich, who’s from Spain stopped over in London on his way back from Kuwait (working), and on his way to Paris then Valencia – he arriving on Friday and pretty much slept all day, which was fine as I was working from home and arranging my knee appointments, and then Friday night he finally got in contact with his mate Frazer, also from Spain but who now lives in London, so we all met up at Liverpool Street then headed to Brick Lane for some drinks and a curry! Rich realised after an alcohol-free week in Kuwait he’s in withdrawal… too used to the good party life of Madrid! Anyhow we headed to Bar 1001 along Brick Lane for drinks, then to Shampa Indian for some curry – had a gorgeous chicken tikka with peshwari naan – the best ever! Then after lots of drinks there, it was about midnight so we headed to Vibe Bar for some drinks and good music, and then at closing (1am) we headed to Casa Blue.. the blue house in spanish — yet run by indians haha well it is on Brick Lane! Anyhow that place was pretty interesting… nice atmosphere and interesing interior! I had a few issues with stairs down to the bathrooms in places but survived without letting the guys carry me! Following some nice capirihanas (sp?) and mojitos and expensive champagne with strawberries courtesy of Rich’s mate Frazer .. I was ready to head home, about 3 or 4am by now, but no we continued on to the Russian Bar, up near Dalston Hackney… even I was scared going into that part of town!!! haha I think it’s actually a Polish Bar, not Russian Bar, but anyhow it was actually not bad. Would have been better if I could have gotten up to dance etc, but still fun! Finally got a cab home and into bed by about 630am! Definitely felt like it was back in Madrid.. but of course had the bad weather to contend with instead! I’m loving my electric blanket too at home, good investment to get through this winter!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *