BootsnAll Travel Network



The Pyramids

This morning we arranged a taxi to the Pyramids. We got the same driver as the day before. It’s weird how the Pyramids are right in the middle of a city – not way out in the middle of the desert. The touts there, like everywhere, were bad.

There’s really not much to say – it’s hard to really take in the scope and size of what you are seeing when you are there. Also, it’s very hot and there are touts bothering you – so that makes it a little harder to enjoy.

pyramids ko

Pyramids usUs at the Pyramids (click for larger)

The Sphinx seemed so small next to the pyramids. We walked around the Great Pyramid and spent 2 hours there total.

Pyramids

We went back to our cabbie and the traffic in Cairo was SOOO bad. We just sat there in a huge traffic jam. People there just make their own rules and somehow make 6 lanes out of 3 and honk at EVERYthing and everyone.

We got back, showered, relaxed, then went our again in Zamalek (the name of the area we are in in Cairo) which apparently is a nice, middle to upper class neighborhood. Did I mention that everywhere in Egypt you’ll walk past butchers with giant pieces of meat hanging in the window, usually legs… and we saw one that still had a hairy tail attached… like a donkey.

The next day we took a super early flight to Sharm el-Sheikh.



Tags: ,

One response to “The Pyramids”

  1. Wonderful read! Thanks a lot!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *