BootsnAll Travel Network



Yeeeehaaaa! Cattle station time!

Our new driver was called Beaver and was hilarious. Had an entertaining bus drive to get to our over night stop at a cattle station. We arrived at Kroombit and it was lunchtime! Had a slab of steak and some salady stuff then it was goat muster time! This was so fun….I got given a horse called Bob which was hilarious because we’d been friends with a guy called Bob before. Anyway we went on a trail to get to the field with the goats in then we had to muster them into a paddock the other side of a field. The goats were pretty lazy so we got told to shout “hey up pup pup’ as you can imagine it was hilairous. Then we had another trail walk back to the ranch. Next up was a goat rodeo!!! Basically we were all split into teams of 4. Me Al Mikaela and a girl called Laura was in our group. Everyone was given a task. I was catcher, Al was tipper, Laura brander and Mikaela was dragger. I had to run into the goat paddock and caught a certain goat dragged it through the gate then Al had to pick it up and tip it over, it was fake branded and dragged out the gate. Unfortunately we weren’t the quickest but it was very fun!

In the evening we had a roast dinner with potatoes and peas which was loovverrly!! After dinner we were taught how to crack a whip and then a mechanical bull competition started! Very entertaining evening! However gettng up at 5.30 the next day was no fun but we had a 10 hour drive ahead of us to get to Airlie beach.

This drive was a killer but Beaver managed to keep us entertained playing music quizzes etc and by 5 we arrived in Airlie Beach!!!

Have to leave it there for now but will update Airlie beach later on today!

Won’t leave the blog that long again for a while…hopefully!

Holly x



Tags:

One response to “Yeeeehaaaa! Cattle station time!”

  1. Auntie says:

    Wow that was a mamoth blog!! Glad to hear about your adventures…..reminds me of my trip and some things you just won’t be able to explain to people back home A real u had to be there situation

    We are all fine……Uncle J doing really well and Grandpa starts chemo today.

    Finlay was off school yesterday after vomiting few times whilst I was at work o Sunday. Poor thing kept saying he was hungry the next day but I wasnt taking any chances as there was heaps of stuff to wash etc… as Paul not really in to cleaning vomit up properly. Anyway he is back today.

    They have both done really well with their swimming and move up to the next group George has asked me to take him snorkelling o scuba diving!! Have u used your PADI yet

    Not much else happening here Starting to think about our hols to USA Granny says weather better now thank goodness

    lots of love

    Auntie xxx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *