BootsnAll Travel Network



Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins

 A NEW BLOG IS BORN!

 I’ve been working on a brand new blog!…sorry, everyone..I’ve been a bad blogger lately.. Frankly, I have been very busy and also have been spending alot of time creating a new blog.

The reasons for this are many, mostly that this is supposed to cover only travel and has become a platform for all of my various interests and so forth since my trip. I’ve known I needed to create a new blog for quite a quite, and so finally this past week began the time consuming process of making a beautiful, readable, intersting blog which will cover alot of other topics other than travel.

So while this blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel only, the new blog will focus on alot of other stuff: charity work in Panama and India; the Daya Dan orphanage in Calcutta; Religion and Vocation; Social Justice; that sort of thing. If you don’t want to read about those things, then I would suggest sticking with this blog only and read about crazy travel adventures!

I’ll be linking the blogs together sometime during this week, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

This blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel journals from my trip; my travels in the coming few years in India ( for example: Dec this year, June next year); and Panama/Columbia (the trip next summer).

ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAYA DAN ORPHANAGE! 

As far as Daya Dan news, you’ll need to go to the new blog to get that information. At the moment there are about 140 of you reading who volunteered there in the past–and I’ve recieved so much positive encouragement from writing about the kids and so on. But there will be a section in the new blog that will be exclusively about Daya Dan.

I was able to talk to Mongol (the boy whose sister died recently) at length, and I think he is doing alright. It is alot for him to take in in that environment, but I think Sisters are supporting him very well.

THE ADOPTION PROCESS TRULY BEGINS!

And for the BIGGEST news of all:  When I called the Daya Dan orphanage a few days ago, Sister Paula Marie was on her way to taking Mitune(the boy I want to adopt) to Social Services where he was to get a full physical…the new head superior approved me adopting him..these two things are HUGE and now we move into the full on let’s try to go for it!! phase of things. I talked to them about how long we thought it would take and we thought about 3 1/2 years. So, everyone, I’m starting a whole new life as of this very week! There is alot to do and organize and classes to take and so on…I feel a little crazy sometimes! This and working two jobs and getting one’s “house in order” etc.  Ther eis so much to do I must break it down into daily increments or it’s just too much to think about all at once.

Here at home, some people are for it ( I thank you all for believing in me and for your support!); others vocally protest ; while still others are obviously silent (you know who you are.) The find myself gravitating to those who support it(naturally) and avoiding those who don’t understand it . I’ve become tired of explaining the circumstances and the why and how, and now simply say, “I’m going for it.” It’s a faith thing. I just have faith it will work out the way it will, and I accept the outcome. Meanwhile, I’m going to love that boy like mad.

Thinking back (and actually reading back!to those first journal entries on this blog), I have to say that I don’t know who I am anymore. Or maybe I know who I am for the first time in my life. There is no stretching to have an identity, there is no adapting to other’s expectations: for the first time in my life, I am wholly myself. If someone would have told me this trip would lead down this path of trying to adopt a child from India, I would’ve laughed (rather nervously, I might add!) at the statement.

Someone asked me the other day, who was leaving this week to travel extensively RTW, what the biggest blessing and the biggest challenge will be.

I told her:

“You’ll change alot-or at least, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to. If there’s some part of yourself that has been unexpressed, you see it come into full expression. That’s the biggest blessing. That’s also the biggest challenge. Your mind will feel big, expansive, open..you’ll see yourself and your possibilities in a whole new light. The challenge is that so much change is difficult for others to accept sometimes. But if you really embrace your experiences, you will bloom: either by reinventing yourself or emphasizing some part of your character which before was weak.

And the word “No” won’t be part of your vocabulary. Everything will be possible. You’ll feel confident and free enought to follow your dreams–not someone else’s!

How proud I was to say these words to my young friend, all of twenty, taking off to go around the world. How happy I am that she is going to devote that trip to doing volunteer work. How happy I am that she began reading this blog years ago at the start of my own journey and it inspired her to go on a similiar journey! She begins her trip in Guatemala, working for the same organzation I worked for and will be there two months.

Here’s to you, Diana. Good luck on your journey!

 Back on the home front, my latest adventure is that I’ve joined a support group of like minded folks who are either adopting similiar children(with developmental disabilities of some kind) or have already. Hearing their stories really helps and helps prepare me for what is to come.

How happy and amazing life is, how blessed I am, how incredible is this?! I am following a dream I didn’t even know I had two years ago.

That’s all for now. The next time I post  here, not only will this blog have a whole new look, but there will be another blog you can link onto as well that talks about all this non travel stuff!

On to the next adventure.

” I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”-Richard Bach

gigi



Tags:

373 responses to “Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins”

  1. Game says:

    I simply wanted to appreciate you once more. I do not know the things that I could possibly have sorted out in the absence of those ideas shared by you directly on my subject. It previously was an absolute alarming dilemma for me personally, nevertheless understanding a new well-written technique you handled that made me to leap for gladness. I am thankful for your advice and then hope that you realize what an amazing job that you’re putting in educating other individuals by way of a web site. More than likely you’ve never encountered all of us.

  2. Outstanding post, you have pointed out some great points, I besides believe this s a very excellent website.

  3. Thanks for good feedback that really determined in getting unexplored conclusions for me. The best route to get quotes that is online quotes comparison process which gives the best deals for auto and home insurance policy against top rated All state insurers located in USA.

  4. Thanks for clear information that really designate checking undiscovered concepts and definitions. The better possibility to receive quote is online quotes comparison process which provides the cheapest deals on auto and home insurance policy provided by high ratings providers located in US.

  5. please take a look at the websites we stick to, which includes this a single, as it represents our picks in the web

  6. Legal says:

    Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such excellent information being shared freely out there.

  7. Automotive says:

    Well I definitely liked studying it. This article provided by you is very effective for proper planning.

  8. Business says:

    Usually I do not read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite great post.

  9. Business says:

    Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

  10. check beneath, are some entirely unrelated web-sites to ours, nonetheless, they are most trustworthy sources that we use

  11. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

  12. It¡¦s really a great and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

  13. Sports says:

    hello!,I love your writing so much! share we be in contact more approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert in this area to resolve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Having a look ahead to look you.

  14. But wanna say that this is very helpful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

  15. Travel says:

    Hey there, You have done a great job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

  16. pdr training says:

    The information talked about inside the post are several of the most effective accessible

  17. that would be the end of this write-up. Here you will uncover some web pages that we feel you will enjoy, just click the links over

  18. please go to the web sites we comply with, such as this a single, because it represents our picks in the web

  19. memes says:

    I couldn’t resist commenting

  20. I¦ve learn several excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you place to create this sort of magnificent informative website.

  21. Every the moment in a whilst we select blogs that we read. Listed beneath would be the latest websites that we select

  22. Donate Car says:

    You have remarked very interesting points! ps nice internet site.

  23. Woman says:

    I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m quite sure I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

  24. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

  25. we came across a cool website that you simply may possibly delight in. Take a look should you want

  26. Automotive says:

    A lot of thanks for all your efforts on this blog. Gloria enjoys getting into research and it is easy to see why. We all learn all regarding the lively means you give very useful solutions through your web site and as well welcome contribution from other ones on that concern plus our child is actually being taught so much. Take advantage of the rest of the year. You’re performing a glorious job.

  27. I do consider all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for beginners. Could you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

  28. Emeryeps is a SEO(Search Engine optimzation) and Internet Marketing company. They help businesses to get traffic from various search engine and online community. They have seo experts and consultants with many years of SEO Experiences. No matter where your business is located, EmeryEPS.com can help your business to secure your highly convertible leads online.

  29. Emeryeps.com says:

    Emeryeps is a SEO(Search Engine optimzation) and Internet Marketing company. They help businesses to get traffic from various search engine and online community. They have seo experts and consultants with many years of SEO Experiences. No matter where your business is located, EmeryEPS.com can help your business to secure your highly convertible leads online.

  30. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

  31. 24/7 service says:

    although web-sites we backlink to beneath are considerably not related to ours, we feel they may be essentially really worth a go by, so possess a look

  32. Hallelujah says:

    just beneath, are a lot of completely not connected internet sites to ours, nevertheless, they are certainly worth going over

  33. Thank you for nice feedbacks that really help in getting unknown findings. The best possibility to apply quotes goes cheapest compare process that provides the cheapest offers on homeowners insurance coverage against high ratings Costco companies located in USA.

  34. SacramentoCremation.us is one of the leading crematorium services in the Sacramento area. Feel free to contact us regarding any questions on Sacramento Cremation Services or concerns you might have. Our staff will respond to you as soon as possible.

  35. Divorcemind.com is a online divorce resource for divorce attorney, attornies and lawyers. You will find the best divorce information online. Divorce Mind will make your divorce or separation a quick, convenient and private.

  36. SacramentoCremation.us is one of the leading crematorium services in the Sacramento area. Feel free to contact us regarding any questions on Sacramento Cremation Services or concerns you might have. Our staff will respond to you as soon as possible.

  37. MichaelJemery.com is a site with many hypnosis downloads. Whether you are looking for free hypnosis downloads, self hypnosis download for mp3, video and any audio files, Michael Jemery has the downloads for you. You can download hypnosis from apps, audio, mp3 and even youtube !

  38. F*ckin’ awesome things here. I am very glad to see your article. Thanks a lot and i’m looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

  39. Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

  40. Hello there I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great job.

  41. Thanks for great information that really determined in getting new conclusions for me. The best possibility to obtain quote that is low rate compare which provides the cheapest offers for auto insurance coverage from high ratings insurers located in USA.

  42. Howdy very nice website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally…I am glad to seek out numerous useful information right here in the post, we need develop more techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

  43. imscseo says:

    IMSC SEO is a Singapore SEO Company. They provide comprehensive Singapore SEO services to help SG businesses to gain traffic from search engine. Their SEO agency has many years of experiences working with overseas companies on more competitive grounds. They are the best seo company in Singapore you can find. Their SEO expert and consultant understand exactly what search engine optimization your company need to gain search engine traffic.

  44. The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

  45. Emery EPS says:

    Emeryeps is a SEO(Search Engine optimzation) and Internet Marketing company. They help businesses to get traffic from various search engine and online community. They have seo experts and consultants with many years of SEO Experiences. No matter where your business is located, EmeryEPS.com can help your business to secure your highly convertible leads online.

  46. I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

  47. Thank you for great feedback that really help in checking unknown concepts and definitions. The best feature to apply prices that is online compare process which provides the cheapest deals on home owners insurance policy provided by best companies in USA.

  48. IMSC SEO is a Singapore SEO Company. They provide comprehensive Singapore SEO services to help SG businesses to gain traffic from search engine. Their SEO agency has many years of experiences working with overseas companies on more competitive grounds. They are the best seo company in Singapore you can find. Their SEO expert and consultant understand exactly what search engine optimization your company need to gain search engine traffic.

  49. Absolutely pent content material, thankyou for information .

  50. I love the efforts you have put in this, thank you for all the great blog posts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *