BootsnAll Travel Network



Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins

 A NEW BLOG IS BORN!

 I’ve been working on a brand new blog!…sorry, everyone..I’ve been a bad blogger lately.. Frankly, I have been very busy and also have been spending alot of time creating a new blog.

The reasons for this are many, mostly that this is supposed to cover only travel and has become a platform for all of my various interests and so forth since my trip. I’ve known I needed to create a new blog for quite a quite, and so finally this past week began the time consuming process of making a beautiful, readable, intersting blog which will cover alot of other topics other than travel.

So while this blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel only, the new blog will focus on alot of other stuff: charity work in Panama and India; the Daya Dan orphanage in Calcutta; Religion and Vocation; Social Justice; that sort of thing. If you don’t want to read about those things, then I would suggest sticking with this blog only and read about crazy travel adventures!

I’ll be linking the blogs together sometime during this week, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

This blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel journals from my trip; my travels in the coming few years in India ( for example: Dec this year, June next year); and Panama/Columbia (the trip next summer).

ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAYA DAN ORPHANAGE! 

As far as Daya Dan news, you’ll need to go to the new blog to get that information. At the moment there are about 140 of you reading who volunteered there in the past–and I’ve recieved so much positive encouragement from writing about the kids and so on. But there will be a section in the new blog that will be exclusively about Daya Dan.

I was able to talk to Mongol (the boy whose sister died recently) at length, and I think he is doing alright. It is alot for him to take in in that environment, but I think Sisters are supporting him very well.

THE ADOPTION PROCESS TRULY BEGINS!

And for the BIGGEST news of all:  When I called the Daya Dan orphanage a few days ago, Sister Paula Marie was on her way to taking Mitune(the boy I want to adopt) to Social Services where he was to get a full physical…the new head superior approved me adopting him..these two things are HUGE and now we move into the full on let’s try to go for it!! phase of things. I talked to them about how long we thought it would take and we thought about 3 1/2 years. So, everyone, I’m starting a whole new life as of this very week! There is alot to do and organize and classes to take and so on…I feel a little crazy sometimes! This and working two jobs and getting one’s “house in order” etc.  Ther eis so much to do I must break it down into daily increments or it’s just too much to think about all at once.

Here at home, some people are for it ( I thank you all for believing in me and for your support!); others vocally protest ; while still others are obviously silent (you know who you are.) The find myself gravitating to those who support it(naturally) and avoiding those who don’t understand it . I’ve become tired of explaining the circumstances and the why and how, and now simply say, “I’m going for it.” It’s a faith thing. I just have faith it will work out the way it will, and I accept the outcome. Meanwhile, I’m going to love that boy like mad.

Thinking back (and actually reading back!to those first journal entries on this blog), I have to say that I don’t know who I am anymore. Or maybe I know who I am for the first time in my life. There is no stretching to have an identity, there is no adapting to other’s expectations: for the first time in my life, I am wholly myself. If someone would have told me this trip would lead down this path of trying to adopt a child from India, I would’ve laughed (rather nervously, I might add!) at the statement.

Someone asked me the other day, who was leaving this week to travel extensively RTW, what the biggest blessing and the biggest challenge will be.

I told her:

“You’ll change alot-or at least, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to. If there’s some part of yourself that has been unexpressed, you see it come into full expression. That’s the biggest blessing. That’s also the biggest challenge. Your mind will feel big, expansive, open..you’ll see yourself and your possibilities in a whole new light. The challenge is that so much change is difficult for others to accept sometimes. But if you really embrace your experiences, you will bloom: either by reinventing yourself or emphasizing some part of your character which before was weak.

And the word “No” won’t be part of your vocabulary. Everything will be possible. You’ll feel confident and free enought to follow your dreams–not someone else’s!

How proud I was to say these words to my young friend, all of twenty, taking off to go around the world. How happy I am that she is going to devote that trip to doing volunteer work. How happy I am that she began reading this blog years ago at the start of my own journey and it inspired her to go on a similiar journey! She begins her trip in Guatemala, working for the same organzation I worked for and will be there two months.

Here’s to you, Diana. Good luck on your journey!

 Back on the home front, my latest adventure is that I’ve joined a support group of like minded folks who are either adopting similiar children(with developmental disabilities of some kind) or have already. Hearing their stories really helps and helps prepare me for what is to come.

How happy and amazing life is, how blessed I am, how incredible is this?! I am following a dream I didn’t even know I had two years ago.

That’s all for now. The next time I post  here, not only will this blog have a whole new look, but there will be another blog you can link onto as well that talks about all this non travel stuff!

On to the next adventure.

” I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”-Richard Bach

gigi



Tags:

373 responses to “Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins”

  1. Thanks for great feedback that directly designate checking new definitions. The most preferable route to obtain quotes goes free process which provides the most wanted offers for auto and home insurance coverage provided by common providers like Progressive.

  2. Thank you for nice review that directly designate getting new concepts and definitions. The better way to get rates goes online comparison tool that provides the best offers for home insurance policy against best insurers.

  3. Some truly nice and utilitarian information on this website, too I conceive the layout has got superb features.

  4. Thank you for the most wanted feedback that directly help in checking unexplored concepts for me. The best way to obtain cash advance that is free process which provides the most wanted credits for loan market provided by top rated providers.

  5. I really like your writing style, superb information, thanks for posting :D. “If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the significance of a clean desk” by Laurence J. Peter.

  6. Thank you for great review that directly help in checking various conclusions for me. The best way to get rates is cheaper quotes comparison process which provides the cheapest offers on homeowners insurance policy against high ratings farmers providers.

  7. Hello, you used to write wonderful, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

  8. Thank you for good information that really help in checking new definitions for me. The best way to choose quotes that is free comparison tool that provides the cheapest offers for auto and home insurance against high insurers located in UK.

  9. Thank you for clear information that truthfully help in checking unknown concepts for me. The better way to obtain rates is free comparison tool that provides the best deals on auto and homeowners insurance policy against best providers located in US.

  10. Great Post,Keep Writing

  11. Fish Oil says:

    Hello. Great job. I did not expect this. This is a remarkable story. Thanks!

  12. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

  13. Google says:

    We came across a cool web page that you may well love. Take a search if you want.

  14. Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a handful of unrelated data, nonetheless actually really worth taking a look, whoa did one discover about Mid East has got additional problerms too

  15. just beneath, are several entirely not associated sites to ours, nevertheless, they may be surely really worth going over

  16. always a massive fan of linking to bloggers that I appreciate but don’t get lots of link adore from

  17. although websites we backlink to below are considerably not connected to ours, we feel they may be essentially really worth a go through, so possess a look

  18. below you will find the link to some sites that we believe it is best to visit

  19. 100% kona says:

    Sites of interest we’ve a link to

  20. very handful of internet sites that occur to be comprehensive beneath, from our point of view are undoubtedly well really worth checking out

  21. Thanks for clear info that really determined in getting unexplored conclusions for me. The best route to obtain quotes is free quotes comparison process which provides the cheapest offers on auto insurance coverage from best companies as GEICO in US.

  22. geico home says:

    Thanks for good feedbacks that truthfully help in getting unexplored definitions for me. The most preferable route to get quotes goes free comparison tool which provides the best offers for home insurance from best companies like GEICO located in US.

  23. Evolved says:

    very couple of web sites that come about to become comprehensive below, from our point of view are undoubtedly well really worth checking out

  24. Rabbit Toy says:

    usually posts some really exciting stuff like this. If you’re new to this site

  25. check it out says:

    I just want to say I am beginner to blogging and definitely savored this website. Probably I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Appreciate it for sharing your blog.

  26. check below, are some totally unrelated web-sites to ours, nonetheless, they’re most trustworthy sources that we use

  27. anchor says:

    I simply want to tell you that I’m very new to blogging and site-building and actually enjoyed this blog site. More than likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You absolutely have really good articles and reviews. Thank you for revealing your webpage.

  28. Thanks for nice feedback that really help in getting new definitions for me. The best route to get rates goes online quotes comparison process which provides the most wanted offers for Life insurance against high providers in USA.

  29. Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine several unrelated information, nevertheless truly really worth taking a search, whoa did one particular understand about Mid East has got more problerms also

  30. please check out the internet sites we follow, including this one particular, because it represents our picks through the web

  31. always a massive fan of linking to bloggers that I appreciate but do not get a good deal of link enjoy from

  32. Thanks for nice review that truthfully determined in checking new concepts for me. The best way to obtain quotes is cheap comparison tool which gives the best deals for Life insurance coverage provided by best companies in US.

  33. very handful of sites that take place to be comprehensive beneath, from our point of view are undoubtedly nicely worth checking out

  34. we like to honor numerous other net internet sites on the internet, even when they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Underneath are some webpages worth checking out

  35. usually posts some really fascinating stuff like this. If you are new to this site

  36. the time to study or stop by the subject material or websites we’ve linked to beneath the

  37. check beneath, are some entirely unrelated websites to ours, having said that, they may be most trustworthy sources that we use

  38. one of our visitors not long ago encouraged the following website

  39. Add Crazy says:

    I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Outstanding work!

  40. Thanks for good info that directly help in checking unexplored findings for me. The better route to get quotes goes cheap comparison tool which provides the best deals on home insurance from high providers like usaa company located in USA.

  41. Hello. splendid job. I did not imagine this. This is a fantastic story. Thanks!

  42. Thanks for great review that really determined in getting undiscovered concepts and definitions. The better route to get rates goes free comparison tool which provides the best offers on homeowners insurance provided by top rated providers as PROGRESSIVE in USA.

  43. small dogs says:

    we came across a cool web page which you may take pleasure in. Take a look in case you want

  44. Thanks for great feedbacks that directly help in checking new conclusions. The most preferable route to choose quotes is online comparison tool that provides the most wanted offers for auto insurance coverage provided by top rated insurers as american family in US.

  45. Every the moment in a though we decide on blogs that we study. Listed beneath would be the newest web sites that we pick

  46. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

  47. Thank you for clear information that really designate getting unexplored concepts for me. The most preferable route to get quotes that is online quotes comparison process that provides the best offers for auto and homeowners insurance policy from best companies located in US.

  48. ruby ring says:

    I genuinely enjoy looking through on this internet site, it has excellent blog posts.

  49. Thanks for great review that truthfully determined in checking unknown concepts for me. The best way to get rates is cheaper quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest offers on auto insurance provided by best Auto-owners providers located in US.

  50. Sports says:

    Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *