BootsnAll Travel Network



Worldnomads: credit where it’s due

I’ve just received a letter from the Internal Dispute Resolution Committee at Mondial/WN informing me that they have overturned the initial decision to deny my claim.

It means that I can replace the camera in time for my trip to Prague. But I may never travel with a backpack again.

Why?

This is what I acquired when the ship docked at Maumere (Flores) and I found a cheap guesthouse directly opposite a second hand clothes market (the only one I’ve seen in Indonesia–providence or what??):

1 Microsoft Software Developer’s Conference shoulder bag anno 1999 (It wasn’t the most practical, but I couldn’t resist it for my hubby),

1 long dress,

1 pair light cotton trousers,

1 pair swimming shorts,

2 T-shirts,

1 towel,

1 each: toothbrush, toothpaste, nailclipper, razor, soap

…and that’s it. I still had my jeans, long-sleeved shirt and wind jacket but everything fitted comfortably into the shoulderbag and weighed in at under 5kg. It was enough. So, henceforth I may just travel with hand luggage (although I also carry a Swiss army knife, so I’ll still have to check it in).

And the sting in the tale? — My reply email to Worldnomads just bounced!

Tags: ,



2 Responses to “Worldnomads: credit where it’s due”

  1. Alexandra Stirling Says:

    I am also having a nightmare trying to get my claim settled with World Nomads. They ask for original documents as proof of purchase. I sent them a manual for my camera, a manual for my phone and a receipt for a book, along with some other documents stating the value of the rest of the lost items. They are saying that they don’t have any of the original manuals or receipts and that they only have the printouts I sent to show the value of the items.
    They are’nt admitting to having lost them though, they are basically saying that I didn’t send them.
    I’m not getting anywhere with them, after 4 months of exchanging e-mails.
    They are totally incompetent and I don’t understand why they are recommended by well known guides such as Lonely Planet!
    Mine is a small claim, and its going to cost me more than its worth to get anything out of them.

  2. Posted from Spain Spain
  3. Denni Says:

    Hi Alexandra,

    You have my sympathies! I bet they already told you to approach the Internal Dispute Resolution Committee. Who knows, this may work, but I agree that making my claim in the end cost me more than it was worth.

    I honestly thought this would give me an ulcer!