BootsnAll Travel Network



Ooops

Re. my indignance when Boots (the Chemist!) didn’t supply my pictures as jpeg files on the photo CD—well, today John tried to decipher the thing on his labtop and encountered reams upon reams of legalese about a license for a piece of software he did not want but was asked to install.

It didn’t work.

So I shouted at him (“You could have tried that earlier!”) and retreated in a huff to my study. I didn’t want to go to Reading (1 bus every hour, 50 minute ride, £3.20 each way) to complain to Boots in person.

“Alright! I do it!” It was his day at Reading Uni.

So after his various meetings he rushed to the Boots megastore out of town on his way home only to be redirected to the one on the high street where I had the film developed.

So he had to pay extortionate parking fees and run around until he found it just before closing time.

So he had to endure a lecture about ‘reading directories’…

You see, there were two folders on that CD: ‘hires’ and ‘lores’. “Hires of what?” I thought: “And would ‘rules’ not be a simpler expression than ‘lores’?”

No—’high resolution’ and ‘low resolution’ each folder containing another with the pictures in it.

Here is a calming photo of some gulls taking off from a cliff near Borth which John took through a tele-lens with a Kodak Ultimate Ultra (or Ultra Ultimate) film on our mate’s kick-ass Nikon FM camera:

gulls.jpg

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.