BootsnAll Travel Network



Greenland: the heat is on

It is hot. Officially.

Iwas laughing when the weatherman issued a ‘heatwave warning’ on the second day thattemperatures climbed beyond thirty degrees, but in the last two days it has been as hot as I ever remembered from my childhood summers. As hot as in Bangkok. Perhaps hotter—yesterday was the hottest day in recorded history! (UK only.)

In this weather, thoughts turn to glaciers and icy seas.

That is just as well, because the week is nearly over and not just starting out (as I thought with my heat-addled brain) and it has been a week since I sent the money for the Greenland tickets.

Not a word in all this time. So I sent an email and got an auto-reply: my contact is away until August 8th, two days before departure. Thankfully, she at least remembered to turn the auto-reply on. I explained my lengthy booking and transfer details to whoever is left in the office and hope that they are not all on holiday.

Biting my nails in the meantime.

The email has just returned. Oh shit.

It’s OK, according to the website, she’s given me the wrong email address. From what I remember, organising a student expedition to Venezuela was relatively straightforward.

Next time, I’ll book a package holiday to Lanzarote!

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.