BootsnAll Travel Network



Goodbye English Summer

Sorry for not posting, I really am busy. Alas, the more I write, the more dire it gets. So much for having a complete first draft ready in time for Worldcon…

All the same, it’s nearly time to go. I have the writers’ workshop tomorrow (discussing the first three abysmal chapters and the so-so synopsis) and I’ll be on the plane to Japan 3 days later. No going back now.

Despite checking the weather reports daily, I can hardly believe that I should pack only light summer clothes. So the temperatures in the Yokohama/Tokyo area hover around 30°C? It’s sticky and hot? Ha! The weather forecasts for South-East England have been talking about sunshine for the past 3 days now (“It will dry up! It will get warmer! Honest!”) and I’m still waiting. I’ve dug out the long-sleeved shirts and wooly leggings. Hell, I’ve forgotten what the sun looks like. (Actually, that’s not true: yesterday afternoon, there was a strange, yellow light around for a few hours. It confused me because on the planet I’ve relocated to while writing the novel, the light is coppery orange due to the dense atmosphere (the star is smaller too, but not so small that that would make much difference))

Hmm, there are on average ten days of rainfall in central Japan in September. My trip lasts for ten days after the con…

Tags: , , , , , ,



Comments are closed.