BootsnAll Travel Network



This & That

Time is passing , my departure date is only 30 days away & the necessary arrangements made. First on the list was a visit to the local travel clinic for a consultation & the necessary shots, turns out that my Central American trip this year & my RTW next year need the same immunizations which is good. All that was needed over the usual shots that I have already had when in school was Twinrix which I had the first two last year so just the booster + Tetanus/Diphtheria & Typhoid. Also a prescription for Malaria pills & Cipro in case Imodium isn’t enough.

Next I visited a Laser health centre for smoking cessation therapy, just figured it would be easier to just quit than go endless hours on planes, trains & buses having to abstain. Eleven days so far & all is well. Then off to the optometrist for a check as needed new frames for my glasses.

                                       The Scout Nationals & The Ohio Swap Meet

Went to Springfield OH to pick up a tub for the Scout at Super Scout Specialists & take in the Nationals & the Ohio Swap Meet. What a meet & show I have never seen any thing like it! If it wasn’t there for sale you don’t need it. Nothing in Canada even comes close, worth the 10 hr drive just to see it. Only downside is getting ripped off by Canada Customs coming back.

Now have all the parts (I think) so Scout should be drivable when I return in the spring.

The last of the parts for the Checker Taxi arrived so it will be finished next week & I have finished the long road trips & have a buyer for the company Caravan so can sell it at the end of the month. That leaves me with just the wheel chair bus to operate until the company year end next July.

Flight to Ft Lauderdale is booked & paid for as is the hotel & cruise to Nassau so on Oct 20 I am gone!!



Tags:

Comments are closed.