BootsnAll Travel Network



Reforma Avenue – Mexico City

I really enjoy strolling down Reforma Ave in Mexico City. It’s considered the principal avenue in the republic, being centrally located in the capital and running from the Zocalo, past numerous important buildings, to the gates of Chapultepec Park and the Chapultepec Castle.

Numerous large monuments dot Reforma Avenue, but what I like most is the ever-changing exhibitions about it. Book fairs, works of art, absurd statues, colorful cows…every month is different.

At the center of it all is the Angel of Independence, a monument that imposes herself in a large traffic circle. I live closeby. The Angel is where Mexican soccer fans gather whenever the national team wins somewhere in the world.

Angel Mexico City

I often bring my camera on a Sunday Reforma walk.

Reforma Ave

Palm trees line the street, mixed in with regular trees.

Reforma Ave

Always a funky new statue to be seen as the city promotes local artists

Reforma ve

A current theme is Flowing Water, though this one isn’t flowing.

Last year, the Cow Parade (a type of charity event running in various cities around the globe) came to Mexico City. A 3 km stretch was adorned with painted plastic cows. Weirdest thing I ever saw.

Reforma Cow Reforma cow

Reforma Cow

Reforma Cow

Reforma Cow Reforma Cow

Reforma Cow

Reforma Cow

And the Angel again, not moving this time.

Angel of Independence



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Reforma Avenue – Mexico City”

  1. Louis says:

    I sure do miss Reforma. It’s a beautiful avenue, even when its smoggy.

    Funny sighte seeing the cows. I wonder why the parade of cows?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *