BootsnAll Travel Network



we are coming

Nagano was soooo much fun. I can’t even put it in to words. What a great last weekend we had in Japan. Our girls’ team almost won the tournament and they played really well. In the championship match they forfeited when the other teams captain broke her ankle, while playing in the pouring rain. The boys however, well, they had fun that’s for sure. They didn’t win a game but they did show everyone up on the dance floor. We had the loudest cheers and had a BIG party on the sidelines of every game screaming chants and cheers as loud as we could while serving cocktails to everyone. Saturday night all the teams got together for a big celebratory dance where the Saitama girls and guys shut ‘em down. Not only did we dominate, our circle was by far the HOTEST. I busted out windmills for the first time in several years, still got ‘em, and the whole party blew up. I don’t think we could’ve gone out in any better fashion.

Today is our last day in Japan. I can’t really imagine it. I guess I’ve been in denial about for some time now. I’m not really bummed about leaving; I just can’t imagine what these next couple days will have in store for me.

Last night we met some of our best friends for one last drink, and good time. They are all really going to miss us, and we are sure going to miss them. We’ve made so many good friends this trip, it’s kind of sad to leave them all. However that’s been one of them many themes of this trip. Moving on, and around, always saying goodbye to someone, and somewhere. Traveling is not about what you take with you, but what you leave behind. A circle has no beginning right?

Now I must prepare for that fateful train ride, and plane ride. I am so excited to see all of you! We’ll be in touch. We’re coming home.



Tags: ,

One response to “we are coming”

  1. Aunt Julie says:

    You just gotta love circles, no beginning, no ending, just around and around. It has been a wild ride and a hell of a good read. Look out Harry Potter! We can’t wait to see you on this next leg of your journey. We love you!
    Aunt Julie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *