BootsnAll Travel Network



Crazy days

Weekends are just one big party here. This one was up there. Friday somehow Melissa ended up in a gaijin pillow fight tournament in Umiya. She lost, but I think the match was rigged. The nights always lead into the following afternoon, which takes you right to tomorrow, somehow much quicker than expected.

WHAM!

Saturday we took part in the “I Heart SOKA Party”. We met a bunch of friends at a Thai restaurant then karaoke’d Disney songs all night (well at least the majority of our session). We made friends with a biker gang. By biker gang I mean bicycle. A bunch of ska type skater dudes that roll around on tricked out low-rider bikes and drink outside convinis.

Which brought us right to soccer practice, bbq party, and a long night of fun. The weirdest thing happened. We went to a bar with a bunch of people. A girl we were with asked about my necklace, so I told her the story. I really like this necklace and I’ve been wearing it all the time we’ve been traveling. It’s hand carved wooden pieces of rosewood and ebony, attached to an 80-year-old abacas bead.

master craftsman
*back in april

I bought it from the artist at Yoyogi Park’s EARTH DAY Tokyo festival back in April. I played Japanese rock paper siccors with him to haggle the price. The guy had a beehive of dreads atop an ever-smiling face.

So we left the bar and there he was! It was so random to see him again in a completely different part of Japan. He remembered us and was happy to see his piece around my neck. Cosmic.

Coolest guy!!
*last night!!!!

Our time here is running out. Good and bad, sad and glad. Every moment will be enjoyed.



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Crazy days”

  1. Jamennodle says:

    HAHAHHA!!!! Woah Melissa!! You weren’t joking around!! Look at that momentum!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *