BootsnAll Travel Network



Where the Hell is Rick?

Well, I have been quite busy with a whirlwind tour of one of my favorite… possibly my favorite… countries – Kenya.  I am almost done here and finally got some internet connection so I will finish Madagascar (yes, I will finally get to the paddling part) and then fill you in on Kenya.  I think you will find I have some interesting things to share with you.  So stay tuned!  Also, I am overwhelmed with photos and can officially claim I am now in photo hell!  The good news is that I have amazing photos from Egypt, Brazil, Madagascar and Kenya to share with you and I will do it as possible with a goal of clearing the deck by time I leave for my next leg in early January.  By the way, I get back to JFK/Vermont December 19th after next week in Uganda and a month in Ethiopia.  The next leg is very unclear and for good reasons that you will learn about soon enough.  The start is the trip to Central Africa Republic to camp with the Ba’Aka people in the deep Congo forest.  WILD to say the least.  After that I will spend time in Cameroon since I will have a visa.  Then I return to Kenya for what I have not told you about yet!  Maybe South Africa, Zimbabwe and Malawi, but that will have to be determined later in the year.  Will I ever get to Asia?  I really do not know at this time!!!  I LOVE AFRICA!



Tags: ,

-3 responses to “Where the Hell is Rick?”

  1. Kathy C says:

    Sure glad to hear from you – I was getting worried. My right hand is in a cast – I had a near fall, hit yhe back of hand on a sharp corner, and tore my sagitorial band. This will take a few months to fully hral so I am becoming left handed for a spell. Am looking forward to the pictures and full blogs. Lots of love, Kathy

  2. Bebe says:

    So, okay, what’s the big news you are holding back???? Makes me wonder……. Glad you enjoyed and will enjoy Kenya. It is a wonderful place and I hope to return again in the future.

  3. Nanette says:

    Jambo, Rick! I’d wondered just that: Where the hell were you? Glad to know that you ended up in Kenya, one of my favorite places in the world…next to Tanzania…literally, I guess!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *