BootsnAll Travel Network



Out of Africa :(

Just a quick update since I am using a French keyboard and the computer is slower than my patience.  I just had an amazing time in the Congo hunting with Ba’Aka tribe, tracking Western Lowland Gorillas, watching gorillas, forest elephants and buffalo from platforms, seeing monkeys, mangabys and chimps in the trees and just enjoying the amazing Congo rainforest.  I am sad not to have another African adventure lined up and I will be sadder Thursday when I step off the continent.  But I also look forward to seeing family and friends, planning the South America leg and dreaming about my return to this land.  I will dump my brain and notes about Congo as well as Namibia, Genocide, Zanzibar and Safaris over the next ten days or so.  I also want to cover donations of computers for real people in Africa and the same for children’s education.  My head is swirling over the past three months of adventures and I am really excited to review the thousands of photos and hours of video and turn them into something interesting.  There will be a 5-6 week break and then we will head to Columbia, Brazil or maybe even that four-letter illegal place south of the Keys (I am absolutely clueless about how the hurricaine season is going).  Looking forward to seeing the Vermonters and Californians real soon…



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *