BootsnAll Travel Network



Movement of “Dah” People

I have to say that other than the way-over-the-top consumer section of the Dubai International Airport, this is a great airport.  I am allowed to arrive without a visa and I enter without having to pay a penny.  This may be the only country I have entered that is free.  All of the passport control personnel are actual Emirate men and they are exceptionally friendly.  And they are intelligent because they put their little stamp on already used pages in my passport rather than the normal stupidity of using a new page (a particularly frustrating activity for us world travelers keeping count of our unused pages knowing they will run out in a bad place).  This airport is so well organized allowing many people to move through the facility as if it is a small airport.  Like many of the airports I travel through except in America and Europe, high speed wireless internet service is free.  If I had to get stuck in an airport, this would be the one I would choose.  Since I will be stuck here for a few hours on June 8th, I look forward to it!  Every airport I have visited could learn something about providing a good experience to the traveler from this airport.  Three cheers to Dubai’s airport authority and my exodus from UAE…



Tags: ,

One response to “Movement of “Dah” People”

  1. kathy C says:

    Ah, if only all airports could be like this one! I hope you have something special to do and see on you return 7 hour layover. (That should be enough time to do some exploring)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *