BootsnAll Travel Network



Morocco Mush

OK, I am going to try and pull off a miracle and be in Morocco and tell you about Brazil which is fading quickly in my mind.  See, Morocco is intense and the culture shock is even more than I imagined.  I flew overnight and was RAM’d (Royal Air Morocco – that is)!  Forget the details – just never take them (you were right, Margot!!!!!!).  Just one detail – they lose a large percentage of bags including mine and they do not give a damn!  Second day way better because it was at the airport even though they claimed not to have a record of it.

I am in Fez or is it Fes?  I do not know or care because I am still dreaming about the all the lovely, happy, friendly Brazilians and not too impressed with the cramped medina folks.  I am sure (not really) that the place will grow on me.  At least the bootsnall tour folks are good and the fellow groupies are fun.  I also miss the tropics.  Whether in Latin America, Hawaii or Africa – I always feel in the right place with the tropics.  Desert can be interesting, but it isn’t me.

I like no problemo or nada and this place is anything but.  Picture lying on a beautiful beach with a cold tropical fruit juice being smiled at by a beauty in a thong (Brazil) and replace that with a crazy, filthy alley being thirsty and someone in a burqa probably not looking at you and probably not smiling.  Ouch!  Remember waking from my worst nightmare (Capetown)?  Well, personally this is worse 🙂

Maybe writing about Brazil won’t be so difficult afterall!  Maybe staying present isn’t all it is cracked up to be…



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *