BootsnAll Travel Network



Leg Three Coming to a Close – Tired But Fully Confident

I will fly home to Vermont in two days.  This has been one crazy trip with all of the ups and downs that I expected coming into it.  Brazil to Morocco, Egypt to Madagascar… insane combinations.  But the biggest rollercoaster of them all is coming when I go from Ethiopia to America.  At least I know what to expect!  I do feel confident now that I can pretty much ride out anything our whacky world can throw at me.  I know when I like something.  More importantly, I know when things are not right and I am confident enough to end them and to report to you how much I disliked it.  My opinion is all that matters because this is my life! 

I need a break.  I knew coming into Ethiopia that burnout was a possibility.  If I wasn’t going home for the holidays then I would be headed for a beach.  I won’t be swimming or warm in Vermont, but I know it will be good.  I will post some more about Ethiopia and Kenya plus photos, but otherwise I will be off until I crawl out of the Congo forest in late January.  I received a Cameroon visa today and I plan to find a beach in that country for a week or two after running around with pygmies.  During that time, I will try to decide what to do for 2008.  I know it will be hard to escape Africa, but I want to go to the Middle East and then push on to Asia.  I also want to kayak in Chile and go to Antarctica early 2009 and I know I have issues with too much on my plate with too little time.  This damn planet only gets bigger on me everytime I see more of it and Africa alone could consume the rest of my life… easily!  I believe you will see an update to my trip length in my header at the end of January because there is no way this thing is ending by three years after the start!  Of course, I still reserve the right to end it tomorrow!  I am fully confident that 2008 is going to be FANTASTIC!!!!!



Tags:

0 responses to “Leg Three Coming to a Close – Tired But Fully Confident”

  1. Scott Parker says:

    Rick,nrnrI have been following your blog for some time and its great to see someone ecstatic about life. I am 33 and own a couple of businesses but have caught the travel bug about 3 years ago and I now want to do a RTW trip. I am setting up my business to sell back to my employees and selling my material possessions so I can travel the world. My question…. how is it? I mean could you ever imagine not doing what your doing? Just looking for some words of wisdom and encouragement. Best of luck, happy holidays and safe travels!nrnrScott

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *