BootsnAll Travel Network



Last Six Weeks in Latin America

I will be flying back to the California on May 31st.  I am taking American Airlines through Miami.  Can’t wait to be greeted warmly by Homeland Security folks there.  Between now and that day I will be in Chile (San Pedro de Atacama) for three days and then I take an overland journey in Bolivia.  During that week which starts tomorrow, I will see some very strange geological stuff including salt flats, green and red lakes, geysers, and more.  It will be a freak show by earth and one that has been high on my list of to-dos.  In fact, the last six weeks is full of high priority stuff and I hope I can squeeze in things like kayaking on Lake Titicaca, Manu NP in Peru, Madidi NP in Bolivia and La Paz.  I am working on logistics now.  It’s been one hell of an adventure over the past six months and I would like to top it all off well with a great end run. 

In the meantime, I am quite sad about leaving Argentina.  What a fantastic country this has been.  I like it more every single day and it will stay in my mind for the rest of my life.  I know I will get back here when I come to Chile.  I am sure Bolivia will pull me out of Argentina, but I will miss it.  At the least, I will miss what I am pretty sure are the most beautiful women in the world.  The challenge to find a country with a higher percentage of beauty and a higher level of beauty seems impossible.  Although I am up for that challenge!  Swedish Women, you don’t even come close!

Just as a side note, I have been working on the next leg of my trip which is not easy since I have been busy here in Argentina with Argentina as well as with planning the rest of Latin America.  I think it is going to be a fascinating albeit too short leg.  It looks like I will be in Brazil in August and then heading to Morocco in the first half of September.  Maybe Egypt followed by Madagascar for a kayaking trip in October.  Ethiopia is my number one destination and it may fit in November into December before going to Vermont for Christmas and California for New Year.  I am also hoping to squeeze in something in Kenya as well as see the chimpanzees at Kibale NP in Uganda.  I’m short-changing Brazil with only four weeks so I am picking four destinations for about one week each to keep it sane.  Unfortunately for Brazil, the pull from Africa is just too great.  I am also thinking a bit ahead and I will go to other North and West Africa countries and I am hoping to do a very wild trip into the Congo again to hang out with the pygmies although that trip is tentative at best waiting for approval by the local authorities in Central Africa Republic.  India and the rest of the world may have to wait.  Europe and UK may wait forever if the dollar remains so weak – just another reason I am such a big fan of GW.  Lastly, I was real excited about a forty day (and night) trip across the Sahara, but after banking on it I was informed that getting a visa into Libya is impossible for Americans.  Hopefully that will loosen up over the next couple of years.  By the way, I am noticing a strange phenomenon the deeper I get into this.  The world is getting larger the more I travel and plan to travel.  As if it is one big mirage and there is no end.  Bolivia… here I come…



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Last Six Weeks in Latin America”

  1. Julie says:

    WOW! It all just sounds so wonderful and I’m so happy for you that you are able to do this wonderful journey. Whatever and wherever you go will be perfect I’m sure. We love you and miss you and always think of you. Julie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *