BootsnAll Travel Network



Hurricane and Earthquake

I am specifically attempting to avoid hurricanes, cyclones and snowstorms on this trip.  Unfortunately, the latest recorded Eastern Pacific Hurricane has formed off the Southwestern Mexico coast.  I knew something was up two days ago when I woke up to some clouds.  Yesterday was clear again because Sergio was moving north and away from this area.  But then we had heavy rain last night and I learned that “he” stalled and there is a small chance of it coming towards Puerto.  Damn!  Go Away, Sergio!  There is a surfing competition here this weekend so maybe Sergio will make it more exciting.

I’m even less of a fan of earthquakes.  Last week I was on my veranda and the place started to shake.  The cleaning lady didn’t seem to notice and I was wondering if it was actually an earthquake or if they are so common that no one pays them any attention.  And then it started to shake in a manner that made it quite obvious and she all of a sudden got quite animated.  I later read that it was a 5.3 less than a hundred kilometers from here.  Since I am headed into volcano country over the next few weeks, I guess I better get used to a little shaking and rolling.



Tags: , , ,

0 responses to “Hurricane and Earthquake”

  1. Julie says:

    Hi,nrnrIt’s only taken me two weeks to remember your blog!!!! WHere is the time going lately- on the road too much.nrIt sounds like you are relaxing and hving fun. I will be anxious to hear more about your spanish lessons as I too avoided language classes and have regretted it once I entered real adulthood!nrYou sound well and that’s all I care about. I am making reservations, getting travel insurance, etc. all this week. Looking forward to seeing you in January. Love, Julie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *