BootsnAll Travel Network



Home

Well the first week has gone very well.  The shock of America wore off quick and I have settled in.  I have been busy with taxes, the storage pods, reconnecting with friends and the next leg.  The next leg is a real headache airline logistics-wise, but most of it has been solved.  Issues such as it is easier to get to Morocco from Brazil via JFK than direct.  Luckily, I have the power of www.kayak.com to guide me through the ten thousand possibilities.  Here is where we are going August – December…

Brazil – August… Where is not clear yet, but it should include Bahia/Salvador, Rio->Sao Paulo and Pantanal.  My friend, Randy, is joining me.

Morocco – A small group tour plus a few extra days.

Tunisia – Ten days with no plans.  Quite excited about seeing Tunisia.

Egypt – 🙂  More than excited!  A world highlight I am sure.  I allocated almost three weeks.

Madagascar – Kayaking adventure galore.  I think this is about 17 days in total.

Kenya – Maybe three weeks totally open for now.  I am trying to figure out how to spend this time and I am leaning towards another visit to Uganda to see chimpanzees at Kibale. 

Ethiopia – 3-4 weeks seeing the whole country.  #1 on my world to-do list.  I expect this to be one of the weirdest places on earth and I have been assured by many that the most beautiful women come from Ethiopia.  I’m sure you will hear all about it.  Travel in Ethiopia will not be easy, but hopefully more than worth the bumpy rides.

So it should be about six new countries.  Not the most logical of trips, but that’s what happens when you want to go to Brazil and you have a commitment in Madagascar.  Just filling in between the two…



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Home”

  1. Anita Fiorillo says:

    Rick – how did Ethiopia get to be #1? It’s someplace I’ve always wanted to go to, but I haven’t gotten the rest of the family excited about it. When we left Uganda last year we actually stopped at the Addis airport on the way to Dubai and that looked beautiful. THe names of the place even intrigue me – Gondor and the escarpement which escapes me now.nrnrHope we’ll be able to see you when you come east to Vermont this time. Lots of room. Alex has graaduated and is working in DC at Accion. The dog went with her.nrnrIf I could I’d meet you in Addis.nrnrAnita

  2. kathy C says:

    Hi Rick: I do hope that you will be sending me an e-mail soon. And I am very glad that Randy is going with you. I am still in Provo and at the moment baking in hotter than usual weather! I am so glad for everything going so well – overall that is – on your trips. Love Kathy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *