BootsnAll Travel Network



Hello from Kampala, Uganda and Site Management!

First the technicalities… I have finally figured out how to get the blog entries to display newest to oldest! Now the “previous entries” button is just that! And you can quickly see if there is a new entry because the list on the right gets updated! Since it is likely that I will continue to dump multiple entries into the blog in a short time, check below the most current and read oldest to newest or you may get very lost!

I am in Kampala for the weekend after a very difficult week at a subsistence farm in Uganda. I really needed a timeout and I am happy to say that I am doing much better today. I had to send an SOS email yesterday to some friends and the support I got back was overwhelming and helped make a new day today. If I jump right into this week now, it isn’t going to make as much sense as it will if I play back the non-safari parts of the trip in a chronological-ish order. I am in a very comfortable hotel with very good internet facilities and I will take the time today and tomorrow to do just that. It’s time to get some things in my head into this blog. Stay tuned… hope the new order of the blog entries is of help…
P.S. I will keep this entry at the top of the list by modifying the timestamp so that you’ll all see it first over the next two weeks…



Tags:

2 responses to “Hello from Kampala, Uganda and Site Management!”

  1. Bryan Bousquet aka Ralph says:

    I hope that the internet connection greatness is in direct correlation to the massage services!

    We are thinking of you!
    -BB

  2. marie c (hampton ct) says:

    Hi Rick,

    Just catching up on your travels. Sounds like you have lived a lifetime already! Really enjoy reading about your experiences and feelings regarding Africa. What an amazing
    place.

    Take care,
    Marie C (hampton ct)

  3. Pam Waddington says:

    Hi Rick…
    Today is July 26 and I have just read several of your blogs…”Beauty and the Beast” through to “Hello from Kampala”. Your experiences sound incredible and life-altering. You surely won’t be the same person when you return, will you?! You’re writing is mesmerizing and so fun to read. I imagine it takes alot to write in such detail. Please know that it is appreciated and I soak up every word! You mentioned a school in your “Traditional Life” blog in which you’re funding two students and Marie is helping to process this transaction. I wonder if there is a way someone like me can support the school with supplies, etc.? Let me know. Keep writing. Keep experiencing. Live every moment to it’s fullest!
    Pam

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *