BootsnAll Travel Network



Goodbye Kenya… Hello Dubai, UAE

This is a very sad day and a day of a new beginning.  I had to say goodbye to Pamela, Nairobi and Kenya today, but I get to start the Middle East portion of my trip.  Pamela and I had a spectacular seven weeks of travel and I will miss her more than I can even imagine today.  She will join me in May for Israel (shhh!  some of the countries I am about to visit will not let me in if they know I am going there – uggh!) before we both return to Kenya around June 8th.  This gives me twelve weeks to look into what seems to trouble everyone in the West.  I especially look forward to getting into Iran (keep your fingers crossed even if you think I am crazy), seeing Syria, sitting on the coast of Lebanon, visiting Osama’s ‘hood (Yemen), visiting Petra, following in the footsteps of TE Lawrence in Aqaba and beyond and following in the footsteps of Jesus through Israel.  It will be amazing and I bet I meet a lot of wonderful people.  I bet I hear a lot less about George Bush and a lot about Hillary and Gang because that seems to be the general pattern taking place everywhere… the king is dead… just need to have the funeral and annoint the next one. 

I have really fallen in love with Kenya.  Such an amazing place and great people.  I was really pissed off with the place in January when they were slaughtering.  One has to come to terms with a small minority of criminals messing up the reputation of a great country.  I certainly have no fears when I am in Kenya or Nairobi.  Nairobi is a world-class city and I have enjoyed seeing many of its great institutions and people.  I am only in the airport and I already miss Kenya.  A difficult day, but great things ahead… 



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Goodbye Kenya… Hello Dubai, UAE”

  1. kathy C says:

    Well now Rick, you are certainly in for a lot of adventures! I am excited to hear that Pamela will be able to join you in that H.L. leg of the trip. Best of everything to you and happy St Paddys and Easter to you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *