BootsnAll Travel Network



Earth Photos

Well I tried to find some restaurant tonight and with every adventure in Bangkok, I was unable to stick to the predetermined path and four hours later I settled for the late night place down the street having covered many city blocks by foot and then by sky train (the coolest mass transport system I have ever seen).  I went from quiet stalls on the sidewalks to Central World – another mall.  I was about to board the sky train when I saw a photo exhibit.  At least one hundred giant prints were being displayed outdoors (anything and everything is done outdoors in this tropical city).  I can’t even remember the name of the exhibit except for something like “Above the Earth”, but it was spectacular.  The photos were large and vivid and with amazing subject matter such as millions of flamingos in Lake Nakuru, Kenya, the Nasca Lines in Peru (speaking of which, I saw the new Indiana Jones today in a fantastic cinema for $4 – about $3 more than the stupid movie was worth 🙂 and rice paddies in Thailand.

I really had a plan for the night as far as food, but time was lost or used or something like that.  I settled for the local place… and it was good!  In fact, I have not put anything in my mouth here in Bangkok that has not been very good.  I have been working diligently with the very painful part of my own photography this week as promised.  I am fighting with bad software and a fickle internet (internet speeds overall in Bangkok are the best I have seen anywhere).  I foolishly thought I would load up the Latin America Best Of photos – all 2000+ of them.  Silly me.  And now I am paying the price with nothing going up at this point.  Fortunately, Cameroon and Central African Republic are complete so go enjoy seeing the gorillas, elephants, Ba’Aka pygmies, the chief with 50 wives and all the landscapes and other people of Cameroon.  And Pamela!  http://www.flickr.com/vagabondrick

Lastly, Pamela is really going to be spinning here in Bangkok.  Shop til she drops for one.  Other things to look forward to – first ride in a subway (this one is in the air rather than under the ground), 88 story buildings with a bar/restaurant on top – literally on top – outside!  I’m thinking now that Bangkok may have more gawking potential than NYC.  Hal… It just may be, hate to break this to you, that Manhattan is not the Center of the Universe!



Tags: ,

One response to “Earth Photos”

  1. f_thomae says:

    Hi Rick,
    I came accross your site – you have some gorgeous pics! Curious – in your best of Latin America pics, page 1, 3rd row pic of a table with lake and mountains in the background – where was that taken?
    If you have a chance would be interested to know: f_thomae@yahoo.com.
    Keep up the good work!
    Frank

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *