BootsnAll Travel Network



Different Country, Different Day, Different Attitude

I am so happy to be out of Bolivia and back to Peru.  A three hour drive including the time to get through immigration and it seems like I have entered a new world.  Puno doesn’t have a great reputation, but I like what I have seen so far.  I took a taxi from the bus station to my hotel and a guy jumped in ready to sell me tours for the next two days.  We did the paperwork and money on the way to the hotel.  I love the efficiency.  I knew what I wanted to do with my two days and he had the solutions.  Puno sits on Lake Titicaca and from here I will visit a floating reed island as well as a couple of pre-Inca ruins.  One of these is a fertility temple and I’ll fill you in after the visit on Friday.  In the meantime, I will eat VERY well, hook up with some friends, do some sightseeing and enjoy my lifted attitude.  And try to forget about Bolivia!  I’ll also try to like all the indigenous people trying to sell me things (I had forgotten how aggressive they are in Peru) and accept all the damn horn honking by the taxis and other drivers!



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *