BootsnAll Travel Network



Camcorder Zombie

I’ve been carrying around the dead camcorder for a month periodically trying it to see if it would worlk.  Of course, it doesn’t.  Today I bought two screwdrivers to pry it apart to get the tape out which I believe is a goner because last time I looked it had water in the tape cartridge.  I decided before performing the surgery that I would try it one more time and I attached the battery.  I turned it on and the light actually came on.  I went further and it twanted to me to enter the date and time.  Further and it told me to push a reset button.  Reset button?  Sure enough there is a tiny reset button and when I pushed it with a pen, the thing leaped back to life.  I’m not 100% convinced it is OK, but it does play back and it does record.  So I guess the lesson to be learned is that next time your electronic device goes for a swim, wait a lot longer than you would ever imagine waiting and then see if it works.  And if not, wait even longer.  This must be a good day for me.  And it is, like they all have been lately and that’s why you have heard little from me.  I will try to remedy that this evening because I certainly have a few things to write about.  Go Panasonic PV-GS300 camcorder!!!!!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *