BootsnAll Travel Network



Blue for You

I wish these photos could do justice for the beauty of the glacier ice, but there is no way to truly capture it.  I wish I could put the original photos online, but technology doesn’t make that practical so I have to butcher them into smaller sizes and lesser quality.  So sad!  I also wish I could convince you via these photos of the scale of what you are looking at, but that, too, is not possible.  Let me just say that everything in these photos is only a fraction of the beauty, scale and blueness of the reality.  Trust me and try to fill in the blanks with your wildest imagination.  Trust me when I say that if you have never seen a glacier or iceberg in person then you MUST!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/vagabondrick/album/576460762395758966

The following album is a series of photos of the iceberg flipping over.  Again, the scale is so much greater than these photos can portray.  Even in person the scale was unfathomable.  Understand this much – the glacier wall behind the iceberg is tens of meters in height.  Maybe the iceberg in the first photo is ten stories high!!!!  Maybe twenty!!!  Yes!  Unfortunately, the boat turned during the flip and I did not get the whole series and had to settle with a final photo with heads in the way, but you can see how a much smaller portion is now on top and it is the bluest blue possible.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/vagabondrick/album/576460762395745786

The final album is just for fun.  Well I guess they are all just for fun, but this one is reality plus.  I changed the white balance to make everything electric blue. 

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/vagabondrick/album/576460762395750698



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *